A refreshed brand and visual identity to unify one of the country’s deeply specializedgeoscience engineering firms.
Since their founding in 1960, Golder has grown to a force of over 6,500 highly skilled engineers and scientists operating across all seven continents providing consulting, design, and construction services in specialized areas of earth, environment, and energy.
After a period of adversity, Golder was now thriving. Yet, the company was still facing ongoing challenges of unification, employee engagement and connection. With a mission to “thrive on challenge,” the company needed a new way to tell their story that was deeply aligned with their employee-owned culture and heritage. Golder partnered with Edelman to hone its identity, reputation and culture. But to also co-create and co-develop an aligned narrative and creative approach that would aptly tell the Golder story visually.
They chose to tackle this head on with a brand architecture program that would seamlessly unify their offerings, and a brand purpose that would inspire their teammates to rally behind a shared mission of “We Thrive on Challenges.” The process of rebranding Golder marked an opportunity to build equity around a new visual identity but deeply retain the brand assets most aligned with their heritage. The intention was to both reinforce their position as a highly specialized firm providing technical excellence across their various industries (Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Power, and Infrastructure) and to rally their colleagues around a clearly defined purpose.
EXECUTION & DELIVERABLES
• Developed narrative, brand guidelines and toolkit materials for Golder’s refreshed brand
• Developed new logo and 40+ creative templates (social media, powerpoint, reports, collateral etc, along with art direction on their new website
• Provided oversight of Golder’s global design team, holding a hands-on design summit in Toronto
• Lead Golder’s in-house team to complete over 50 deliverables in three months
• Developed two launch videos including production and animation overbite